Thursday, September 4, 2014

a few of my favorites!

I have met some of the sweetest, most encouraging friends through this blogging community!
And since new friends are always fun, I thought I would introduce you to a few today.

i am excited for you to meet:
and Keri

Go say hi! You will be so glad that you did!
xo.

{Britt}

Here at The Fisk Files, our days are not too different from others' days.  We just have a larger backyard.  While we're not getting the kids to different lessons or playgroups, they have each other.  While Target is two hours away, we make do with what we have.  I completely understand that this isn't the life for everyone.  When the wind blows at 40+mph for days on end, when the rain just won't come, when the cattle prices drop making the living tough, and when sometimes personalities at work clash, I would argue it isn't the life for me either.

However, when I see these little ones spend so much time with their Daddy, idolizing his every quality, when I can send them outside and only worry about snakes and spiders getting them, when I can see the bonds form between siblings so close in age, and when we can offer the kids such an early look into caring for the land and appreciating God's creation, I wouldn't have it any other way.

The work is tough.  Most anything worth doing is.  Having four, four and under, is tough.  But with that toughness comes an unspeakable joy found nowhere else.  

Life here, somewhat in the middle of nowhere, gives us plenty of time to think, love and be together.

With the struggles of raising small children and depending so much on nature, so many things could "go wrong" - but, more often than not, even those hardships become what makes it all "so right" - for us, anyway.

Come share in our journey!

 {Elizabeth}

I am an elementary teacher turned mommy of two little boys! From recipes and DIY projects to organizational tips and thoughts on faith and parenting, my blog includes "all kinds of things" that will encourage readers in their day-to-day journey! I would love to have you follow along with me~ 


Hi, my name is Keri and I share over at Living In This Season where I strive to inspire others to live daily in their current season. I love sharing about the ups and downs of life. As a mom of 3 little ones, I know how some days can seem so long and hard. Sometimes, you just need a little community and encouragement to know you are not alone. Along with my serious, honest posts, I love sharing practical organization tips, recipes, DIY projects, and fun activities for kids. I love connecting with others and am all about community so please stop on by and say hi!

No comments:

Post a Comment