Monday, September 29, 2014

a playlist.



music is the language of the soul.

"all deep things are song. it seems somehow, the very central essence of us, song; as if all the rest were but wrappages and hulls."
thomas carlyle.

throughout each of my natural deliveries, listening to music has been central to my experience.
i have listened to very different playlists throughout each labor, and i somehow land on the playlist that i labor to several weeks out from delivery.
as the time to usher my baby into our arms draws near, i usually start listening to music every night as i drift off to sleep.
and during those nights, i end up forming a list of songs that speak to me. that i am able to draw strength and peace from. that sing truth over me. 

i was asked by several people to share the music that i listened to while laboring with ellis, so i thought i would share it here.

each song holds such dear, sacred memories for me.
enjoy.
xoxo.

1 comment:

  1. What skirt were you wearing in early labor? It is exactly what I am looking for for my labor?

    ReplyDelete