Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Homemade Bread Recipe




I have been trying my hand at making our own bread over the last few weeks. there have been a few failed attempts, but through some trial and error, I have been very pleased with the recent outcome! I don't have a bread machine, so I'm sharing a recipe that can be done completely by hand. (although I am in the market for one, so if you have any recommendations, I would love to hear!) 

INGREDIENTS
3 cups wheat flower 
3 cups all purpose flour (Costco has a large bag of organic flour that is great for this!)
1/2 Tbsp salt 
1 1/2 Tbsp yeast
1/3 cup oil (I use coconut oil, but you could use olive oil as well)
1/3 cup of honey or maple syrup 
2 cups of very warm water

DIRECTIONS 
Mix, knead, and let rise for 30-40 minutes.
Shape loaves and let rise for an additional 30-40 minutes (or until almost double). 
Bake at 375 for 40 minutes. 
Remove from pans immediately. 
(recipe makes two 8" loaves or one 16" loaf)

Enjoy!!
I would love to hear how yours turns out if you try this recipe! Or if you have a favorite bread recipe of your own, I am all ears!!! 

xoxo. 


4 comments:

  1. Your photos alone make me want to go make this bread! Beautiful! Will let you know if I end up doing it. Bread rising makes me tired? Or maybe it's that there is a process aside from make and put in oven. Does that make sense? Ridiculous, I know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photo- I love making bread- this recipe sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to habe to try this! I'm so scared to make my own bread but why not give it a go?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bread looks wonderful. How many loaves will the recipe make?

    ReplyDelete