Tuesday, April 21, 2015

rest.


"now i see the secret of the making of the best persons,
it is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth."
walt whitman

to rest is essential to life.
our bodies need it. they demand it.
in order to thrive and grow and change and live well,
we need to pull away. 
to retreat from normalcy and indulge in a space and time that is meant solely for rejuvenation.
for filling ourselves up; for sitting in silence.
for listening to music and lingering in soulful conversations.

as a mother, i have a difficult time carving out time that does not include my children.
i feel bad leaving the little people behind who are my very heartbeat. 
i tell myself that i don't need it. that i am strong.

and then when something or someone pulls me away,
it takes no time at all, for me to sink into the pure pleasure of allowing myself to rest.
it is glorious, filling my lungs with everything that i have been pouring out into my people.
pouring back in encouragement, patience, gentleness, joy.
giving myself the gift of being loved on and of going on adventure. 
of taking the time to truly sit and enjoy a meal.
of sitting in silence for an uninterrupted amount of time.

passions are reignited.
i slowly return from a place of surviving to thriving.
i remember who i want to be and how i want to love.
i am better.
with a full belly and rosy cheeks. 
and a heart ready to pour it all out again.

this past weekend was all of this and more.




3 comments:

  1. Your pictures makes me anxious for all the fun Summer activities and for rest. I love that baby headband and all the big smiles. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post friend. These pictures make me want to have a weekend away ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Fellow Blogger! I am excited to tell you that I have nominated you and your blog for the libester award! I admire your blog. I have enjoyed reading your posts and getting to know you in a small way! Thank you for your hard work and dedication! Feel free to check out my nominations @ wildheart-gypsysoul.weebly.com
    Hope you have an awesome day!
    >>> Kenna

    ReplyDelete