Saturday, July 26, 2014

my ellis rose...

the camera roll on my phone has increased by hundreds over the last several days, on account of not being able to stop myself from click, clicking away at my new girl. i am simply enamored!!!

as many of you know, we welcomed our sweet Ellis Rose into the world on monday, the 21st at 12:28 p.m., through the most dreamy of home birth experiences. she was a full two weeks late, but according to all the little signs that the midwives look for, she was actually not an overdue baby at all, but seemed to be perfectly on time. while the wait was excruciating at times, each day and night of waiting taught me more and more about God's sovereignty. His ways are truly perfect!

my girl weighed 8 lbs., 4 ounces, and was 20.5 inches long. i have spent hours examining every little wrinkle and fingernail and hair on her head as she is very rarely every out of my arms...and she is nothing short of perfection.

i plan on sharing much much more over the next few days, from the work done in my heart through the two week wait, to the birth experience that is still incredibly surreal and impactful for me, to these first few days of loving our girl in our arms.

until then, enjoy a little glimpse into the mass amounts of moments captured over the last few days.

and thank you so so much for all of your sweet prayers and messages...what an incredible blessing they have been!
xoxo.

7 comments:

  1. Katie, she is beautiful!!! I cannot wait to hear more about those two weeks and the birth. Enjoy that precious girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beautiful! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. she is absolutely perfect! SO happy for you and your family xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is absolutely precious. A gift from God. Congrats! xoxoxo...

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha i love the ones with madden and ellis!

    ReplyDelete